Jun 1, 2016

Janice Wong

Another new restaurant was opened in Tokyo. 
Janice Wong  Dessert Bar is from Singapore. I’ve known her restaurant though television five or six years ago; Japanese pastry chef and she was competing each other with their original desserts. Her presentation was pretty nice, the desserts she made was pretty fancy and gorgeous. I dreamed of try her desserts, but it was impossible without visiting her country, Singapore...at that time.

Now I can have her desserts any time I want, because her dessert bar is in Tokyo now!

All the menu is really unique.  There is no pics or images on the menu, so I had to visualize the image of the dessert with some hints describes from each dessert menu. But it was too hard to imagine how it looks like with my poor imagination... 

My friend ordered "Red Miso Mustard".
I tried a bit, too. It tastes really MISO!!!
Can't explain exactly how I felt from the first taste... It's MISO, but it's dessert. 


Red Miso Mustard
Red Miso Barbarois, Mustard Yuzu Ice Cream, Lemon Foam, Mustard Crumble

 Her specialty is that she creates the desserts by using local ingredients. Miso is one of the Japanese seasoning. It's hard to imagine it is used for full of a dessert!                                                                                                                                                                     
I ordered "Chocolate H2O".

Chocolate H2O
Bitter Chocolate Water Mousse, Salted Caramel
Yuzu Calamansi Gel, Yuzu Sorbet



I don't go Shinjuku much, buy there is a reason that I need to visit Shinjuku again. Wanna try another dessert next time!

The restaurant is elegant and peaceful, but very customer friendly at the same time.
It's a bar, so you can enjoy alcohol, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment