Jul 16, 2012

Joe's Shanghai New York

Since this restaurant opened in Ginza, I have wanted to have a lunch or dinner there. It's from New York, and it is famous for soup dumpling in New York according to their website. This is from their website "Over the years, we have been named as Best Restaurant and awarded recognition by New York Times Restaurant Guide; Gourmet Magazine; Travel and Leisure; New York Magazine and Zagat Survey." It's sounds yummy. I tried to make a reservation for a dinner few times, but I could not make it the night I wanted to have a dinner.
I asked my friend to have a lunch last Saturday. I took her to this restaurant. It was really hot and humid outside on Saturday afternoon. When my friend and I arrived the restaurant, it was already full. We had to wait for a table for 20 - 30 minutes, but we didn't want to go outside...we knew it takes time to find the restaurant. Luckily, there is a waiting room, so we could stay in cool.

We ordered lunch special, and I ordered soup noodle and my friend ordered fried noodle. Spring roll and the meat dumpling and crab meat dumpling come with lunch special.
These are their original soup dumplings

I prefer the crab meat dumpling. It was soooo good!


I ordered the Szechuan style soup noodle.
My friend ordered Shanghai style fried noodle.

The style of the restaurant is luxury, but the price of the dishes are reasonable.
We were too full with dumplings and the noodle...but the dessert was brought to our table. Did I say "too full"? Well,  I ate it. There is always room for dessert :)
I wanna have a dinner there next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment